Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Treat yourself

Happy mothersday to all mums from all over the world.

Today I feel a bit of a sensation even though I live in one of those countries that don't celebrate mothersday today.
Here in the Republic of Ireland we already celebrated Mothersday in April
So it s strange to know that it is mothersday again
But being a mum I feel excited and happy for all the mums in the world.


As you might know I'm selling Avon products even though I'm on a short break now but I will be starting soon again, God willing.
In one of the books the reps get , I found a piece about how to do use mascara which I want to share.

We mothers often pay litte attention to how we look because we feel that we are too busy. I'm one of those mums. Lately I'm having bad hair days on a daily basis and I don't do much to change it and hardly take the time to put make up on Except for Sunday when I go to church. Most Sundays I try a bit harder.

I think it's important for us mums to take good care of ourselves. Those few minutes per day can make a lot of difference. It can make us feel good as a woman. Because even though we're mums we are still women.

We have to celebrate that we are women and treat ourselves from time to time. To a new hairdo, a nice dress, a pedicure, a spa, a shopping spree,a book, magazine. Orjust a piece of cake with a nice cup of tea from time to time...

Today I started the day with one of these and a cup of tea. mmmmm...



I looked online and found this video in which they also show how to put on mascara so instead of the tutorial from the book I decided to share this.




It's a tutorial for the Avon Spectralash Mascara.


Well, I'm going to try it today and will post on it again some other time.
I hope to go to the hair salon tomorrow morning and soon I will purchase a hair straightener to use in between salon appointments and hopefully my hair will look again like this for most of the time.



The baby was three weeks old at that time and quite a bit of my hair was cut off because at the back a part of my hair broke off during my pregnancy but I really felt great that day.



Then in short how my mothersday was this year ;Since becoming a mum of 3, I felt I really liked to get pampered with a few nice things.
I saw a lovely balloon with flowers on it, beautiful cards with flowers on them and I saw a book called mothersday and boxes of chocolate. And ofcourse a nice bouquet of flowers would've been nice.
So I already had told my 6 year old daughter what I would love to get and she was excited about going shopping for me for mothersday but since daddy needed to work I would have to take her.myself but then I lost my bank card.
So on mothersday I just went to church in the morning with the baby and afterwards took a small amount out of my creditcard and took my oldest daughter to Aldi's to buy some flowers and a box of chocolates and at home she gave them to me with the card she made at school, And I also got the art works with handprints and footprints from all of my girls we made the day before.This was another something I loved to have and decided to help the kids with.
And I was happy with just that little bit.







At the end of the day we watched the movie Motherhood together. Not really a family movie but I just liked to watch it on that day.






In my next post I will write more about this movie. I'm probably going to watch it again today.

I learned that I didn't need a lot to celebrate mothersday. I might deserve a lot like all mums do but a little felt just as good.



I loved the simple bouquet of flowers and the chocolate turned into 'mummy chocolates' to treat myself with when I felt I deserved a small treat after a hard dsy of cleaning up and taking care of the kids as a 'pat on the sholulder'.




I hope that you get a chance to feel special today. Because the truth is you are....whether you believe it or not.

And if there's no one else around to pamper you or your kids are a bit to small, pamper yourself. Because you deserve it.


Have a happy mothersday

Love,



Do you treat yourself from time to time and what is your favourite treat ?

I will be having a give away soon.

So watch out for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t