Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

More than just a mum

Becoming a mum of three first only made me feel that I was really a mum more than anything else. I’m learning that to be a better mum you also have to make time for yourself though. Because as fulfilling as the job of a mum might be you’re always something more than just a mum.
And I think that that is something that we as mums should not forget.

I notice that I tend to feel a bit guilty sometimes if I do anything else than taking care of children,cooking and housework. But doing just that does make me feel less happy as well.

On Mothersday I watched the movie Motherhood which is about the struggles of motherhood.
The mum from the movie is also writing blogs in her free moments and is planning to enter into a writing competition which could result in her having her own income. But the story is actually about her planning a party for her daughter who is turning 6. In the end her husband who collects old books hands her over a check of 24000 euro so she can put her toddler son at playschool and buy a dishwasher or something just so she can have more time doing what she loves: writing. Because he realises that she needs a bit more than just being a mum to be happy.
I found the movie a bit boring not as funny as I’d hoped but I liked it that she makes pictures of her kids like I do and writes a blog as well and I got from the movie that you need to have a balance in your life to be happy and fulfilled as a mum and a woman.
So I’m planning to keep trying to be the best mum that I can be and also to try to get to a good balance so I ‘ll be a happy and fulfilled person.

Still for some reason I love the movie. Perhaps because I do recognise so much and because of what I got out of it.


I love what she says at the end:




'Motherhood is accepting limitations of time and energy which stretches beyond yourself, and sometimes it might seem as if it might consume you'

(from the movie 'motherhood')...


It's so recognisable.


Even though, some mothers have a calling to be SAHM's I believe it's always good to make some time for yourself even if it's just a hobby like writing a blog, going to the gym or a ministry in church like singing in the church choir.

So if you have a certain dream to do something,don't give up on it. go for it...

It doesn't make you less than a mum.

And for the rest : Find yourself something that you enjoy apart from children and housework to keep a balance in your life.

You're more than 'just a mum'.




Started as an Avon Business Developer this week to earn money from home.
Ix made this ugly picture of me with my reading glasses. LOL



Love and blessings,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t