Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Gods divine intervention

Last Monday, exactly  nineteen months ago, my youngest daughter was born.

We named her Nevaeh –Divine Setha Mattanya Sasamaro.

God put the name Nevaeh -Divine on my heart after DH changed his mind about the name that he wanted to give her. I wanted to give her a name that would glorify Gods name.
After two emergency c-sections I was believing the Lord to have a normal birth at home.
I read a lot about this topic and prepared myself well and also prayed a lot.
One of the things I found out is that the baby’s head needs to be in the right position to be able to fit through the pelvis. With Ixora’s birth the doctors said afterwards that her head didn’t fit. With Yovannahs birth her head was turned upwards and she wasn’t able to turn in the right position, leading  to her being delivered through emergency c-section because of distress.
In both cases dilation didn’t get to more than 5-6 centimeters. In the case of Ixora’s birth I had been getting contractions for 42 hours and she was delivered through emergency c –section due to failure to progress.
This time I knew what to pray for as I knew of all the things that had to go differently in able to get the normal birth I so strongly felt I needed to experience and believe for.
God was with me all the way and in His grace He even revealed to me the day that she would be born.
There were a lot of obstacles on this road which I might mention in another story, especially since you normally only get an elective c-section after two c-sections and it was hard to but God has been faithful  and I gave birth to Nevaeh- Divine, born through Gods divine intervention in conception (she hadn’t been planned by us but certainly by God and was conceived through an ovulation that I got 9 days later than I normally would have) and His divine intervention in her birth.

The pregnancy test I took back then

Me pregnant with Nevaeh-Divine.

While I was pregnant, I watched a sermon about Seth who was the son who came in the place of the son that his mother lost. The preacher talked about how sometimes things didn’t work out but that we shouldn’t give up and that we could try again and get another experience.
Also Seth was a replacement. This really spoke to my heart. I got reminded on how I longed for a normal delivery with my second child.
I had prayed to get a normal birth but unfortunately this had not happened.
I believed that I should not give up after that and that I would get a new experience this time even though it would be so much more difficult since overall the medical world doesn’t support this.
Also, I saw this baby as a replacement of the baby I lost in a miscarriage a few years before. So I felt led to give her the name Setha, which I made from the name Seth.
I had a scan to confirm the position of the head of the baby at the end of my pregnancy and her head turned out to be in the most ideal position. Glory to God ! I had a full dilation in a few hours and even though it took some time I ended up having a normal delivery in my mothers’ house, the same place where I had a miscarriage almost 5 years before.  After the birth I buried the placenta in my mothers’ yard in the same place where I buried the (beginning of a) baby that I lost before.
Glory to God!


The other names were chosen for other reasons.
Mattanya means gift from God, since she was planned by God and give to us as a gift.
Sasamaro means girl with beautiful year, this is her native /red indian name chosen by her dad who is native /red indian.


God has glorified Himself in my life through this experience. He has been merciful and faithful and has proven that He is a God who answers prayers!

So even if something seems impossible or you’re not getting a lot of support along the way,
if God puts something on your heart, keep your eyes on Him and trust and believe Him.
He will come through for you.
Nothing is impossible for Him.
Glory to His name!
Photobucket

Have a great and blessed day.

Love,




If you have a post with a testimony, please link up below.

Don't forget to join my giveaway.



Comments

KHBride said…
Your daughter is so beautiful! Congrats!!!
T Iv. said…
I agree,so beautiful

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

Hello again !

It has been a little quite on my blog lately but today I'm doing another Hello Monday post to share what we've been up to in the last weeks. Hello Monday. Hello 7 year old Yovannah. Yovannah turned seven years old exactly one week ago today. Hello birthday clothes. Unfortunately we spent all morning of Yovannahs birthday in two hospitals and on the way from one to the other and we were home around 5 in the afternoon and was so tired because I did not sleep enough in the night. So she only ended up putting her special clothes on late in the evening and we had chocolate cake afterwards. Hello to helping to Yovannah helping to make her own chocolate birthday cake. Hello to learning to ride on pony's. Hello short hospital stay for Ixora. Hello Bear doctor Ixora. Hello special Zoo time Hello to getting to sit in police cars on the way to the Zoo and back. Hello to playing on the bouncy castle. Hello se