Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

AVON Ireland is no more



It’s officially two weeks ago now that AVON pulled the plug on the business in Ireland. Apparently they were losing money.
Since I stopped being a business developer last year I read the news on facebook.
I was in shock. And also a bit sad.
Not because the loss of income, because even though I officially was still a representative I didn’t do a lot of AVON work. But I still felt a loss.
I felt a loss because I had become so dependent on so many AVON products myself and I was just about to put a nice order in for myself for some products we use at home and which had run out.
The prices of the AVON products are so affordable and what I also loved about AVON shopping is that you didn’t have to leave the door to go to a drugstore or supermarket to look for products. It was so convenient.

Apparently a few business developers- for whom this still was their main income – have decided to take their teams to Oriflame.
I’m not so sure about trying that yet. But I’m interested in seeing a brochure.
If they really have similar products and prices I might at least become a customer.

Apparently here in Ireland we can still order products through the UK website and then get them shipped through Parcel motel. I had a look though and the AVON shop unfortunately doesn’t have the same offers as the brochure. So I’m not sure if I will ever do that. We’ll see.

At the moment I’m about to blow dry my hair and straighten it with a flat iron after not having done that for almost two years.
I did some research on internet through youtube and so on and realised that I needed a lot of products to moisturise and protect my hair.

So I decided to shop my cupboards and found a lot of different hair products I had purchased from AVON. Anti frizz shampoo, damage repair shampoo, mask and leave in elixir, conditioner, leave in conditioner, heat protection spray. I was thrilled.
It saves me from having to buy all those products.

Today when I got ready for work, here are the AVON products that I used.

Washed my face with Avon care 3 in 1 Cleanser, toner and moisturiser
Used AVON Solutions Lift and firm body firming scrub
Showered with Senses shower gel
Used AVON Solutions Lift and firm body firming treatment gel
Used ANEW eye cream on my eyes
Used Diamond perfume
Used AVON Cellu -sculpt rolleron my legs
Washed my hands with Senses hand wash
Used glimmerstick eyeliner, Supershock mascara and lipgloss on my face


 

I guess I will have to find a way to replace all those items (and others not mentioned) when they finish.

What are /were your favourite AVON products?
What other favourite brands do you use and which items would you recommend?
I’d love to hear from you so don’t forget to leave a comment below.

Watch my blog for a (probably last) AVON  giveaway.

Enjoy your day.
Love,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t