Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Yovannah's first hair blow out

A few months ago I blow dried my hair to flat iron it afterwards, because I went to an interview for college.
Yovannah liked the idea so much that she wanted to have her hair done as well.
I told her that she was too young and I would do it for her some day.
I think at some stage she found the hair dryer and tried it out a little by herself.

A few weeks back when I was in church I saw a little girl of Yovannahs age who’s hair seemed to be permanently relaxed. I kind of stared at her hair, even though I must say that those small pony tails looked quite cute, A colleague of mine also told me that she blowdried her two year olds hair with cold air.
So I decided to do it sooner since Yovannah is now 4 years old already.

Yovannahs hair is very curly but she has a loser curl than I and it looks really lovely when moisturised well and with some curl activator/gel.

Yovannah on her 4th birthday 

So I definately would never want to permanently straighten her hair.
But I was wondering how a blowout would be, also to see how long her hair really is without the shrinkage of the curls.

So since she had her last day at school today and they were having a special party, I decided to blow dry her hair for the first time last night.

I put a lot of things together and prepared her hair as much as I could.



These are the steps I followed

Yovannahs hair at the end of the day before blow drying


1 I put detangling spray in her hair


2 Detangled with wide tooth comb


3 Sprayed with water and oil mixture

4 Divided in parts and used other comb to de-tangle some more



5 Put hair cream on
6 Divided in more parts and sprayed heat protector spray over her whole hair.




I took these steps because I wanted to protect her hair but since I was using the lowest temperature, maybe it wasn’t really necessary to do so much but I think it was better anyway to have done it, because you can never be sure if she could hair damage from it. She also has hair that is very dry and gets dry very quickly as you can see in the first picture. So I think it was important to add some moisture first.

9 Blow drying part by part with a round brush.

I couldn't find my purple clips so I used some bobbins.



It took quite some time to blow dry her hair since it was wet and full of moisture. Also she had some very stubborn curls that wouldn’t go straight. LOL So I didn't get it fully straight. 

Almost finished, only front left to do.

I don’t have a lot of experience with blow drying anyway but it was nice to try.

The end result

She loved it. I put her hair in a bobbin before she went to bed and put one curler in and wondered how it would still be straight in the morning.



This is how it looked in the morning after I combed it and in a few bobbins in the front (I made curls in the pony tails and on the sides next to her ears)



Later her curls came back more and more, even though parts of her hair are still straighter than normal. I must say that the weather isn’t really ideal at the moment and she was playing with water at the sink when she was brushing her teeth before bed.

I’m still glad I could give her a different look for her school party and when she is older I might try to flat iron it on a special occasion.

Her hair is shorter at the front since she found a scissor once and cut a piece of her hair off some time ago so it is always in a seperate pony tail to manage better. On this picture you can see that her hair is a bit curly again.




Do you blow dry the hair of your little girl?


Love,





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

Hello again !

It has been a little quite on my blog lately but today I'm doing another Hello Monday post to share what we've been up to in the last weeks. Hello Monday. Hello 7 year old Yovannah. Yovannah turned seven years old exactly one week ago today. Hello birthday clothes. Unfortunately we spent all morning of Yovannahs birthday in two hospitals and on the way from one to the other and we were home around 5 in the afternoon and was so tired because I did not sleep enough in the night. So she only ended up putting her special clothes on late in the evening and we had chocolate cake afterwards. Hello to helping to Yovannah helping to make her own chocolate birthday cake. Hello to learning to ride on pony's. Hello short hospital stay for Ixora. Hello Bear doctor Ixora. Hello special Zoo time Hello to getting to sit in police cars on the way to the Zoo and back. Hello to playing on the bouncy castle. Hello se