Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

A short fake nail review Day 3 SBBC

So I saw these in DEALZ and I loved the colours and since it was only 1,49 I really got tempted to buy them. I don’t often use fake nails. I think you can even say that you can count the times that I’ve used them on the fingers of one hand.
I remember having 'golden' fake nails when I was younger and I loved them. They were really unique and people always asked about them and complimented on them.

When I took these fake nails out of the pack and put one of them on my nail I realised that they are not long nails. They are actually hardly longer than my own nails. But I love that about them. They are perfect for mummies. I loved having them on.


They come in a pack with three sets in different colours: Pink, purple and black .
They have a gloss on them so it’s almost like you’re just wearing glossy nail polish.
I love the concept because my nail polish gets off quite easily when I do the dishes etc. So they’re really handy for that. Since they don’t really give you long nails they are actually as a substitute for nail polish which really works well for me.



I personally only had to get used to using the glue. The first hand went quite smoothly but the second hand got me a bit frustrated, because the nails didn’t stick as quickly as I wanted. My fingers got quite some glue and if that gets on the nail it becomes matte. I ended up going to youtube to get some instructions on how to put fake nails on. Apparently you need to prepare your nails so the fake nails will stick better. And I was doing it all wrong. You’re supposed to add the glue to the fake nail and to your own nail instead of only on the fake nail like I did. I was too impatient to watch the video before sticking on the last nails, so I ended up getting them on my nails on my own way. But you can see on the pictures how much glue I used.
When I went to look for a nail file -which I didn’t find- I came across this silver glittery nail polish from AVON and decided to try to put it over the nails and it really looked stunning. 


It was hard to try to make a picture that shows how they really look. The pictures really don’t do them justice. They look so much better in reality. My camera is probably not good enough to show them as they really are. They really sparkle and it looks so pretty. I’m just in love with my nails now.


So my overall verdict is ;
These are great. I love that they’re short. I love the gloss and I love that you can use them to put glittery nail polish over them and completely change them up that way. They are more than worth the 1,49 that they cost. Even though they’re really cheap ,they don’t look cheap at all , especially with the nail polish on them. I definitely will use these more often and I’d love to have them in more colours.  I definitely would buy them again.

Nail polish : AVON colortrend


What do you think about these fake nails? Have you tried them? Would you buy them ? What do you think of the combination with the nail polish ? 
I’d love to hear from you.


Love,



This was my first nail review and I hope that you liked it.
Disclaimer: I wasn’t compensated for writing this post. And all opinions are my own.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

Hello again !

It has been a little quite on my blog lately but today I'm doing another Hello Monday post to share what we've been up to in the last weeks. Hello Monday. Hello 7 year old Yovannah. Yovannah turned seven years old exactly one week ago today. Hello birthday clothes. Unfortunately we spent all morning of Yovannahs birthday in two hospitals and on the way from one to the other and we were home around 5 in the afternoon and was so tired because I did not sleep enough in the night. So she only ended up putting her special clothes on late in the evening and we had chocolate cake afterwards. Hello to helping to Yovannah helping to make her own chocolate birthday cake. Hello to learning to ride on pony's. Hello short hospital stay for Ixora. Hello Bear doctor Ixora. Hello special Zoo time Hello to getting to sit in police cars on the way to the Zoo and back. Hello to playing on the bouncy castle. Hello se