Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County.



Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg.


Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog.

To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley.

Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me. 


1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself? 
This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring.

2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go? 
Probably to the 1700 s but only to be able to wear one of those beautiful ball gowns. 




3. Your profile says you live in Ireland! Were you born there? Do you plan to stay there or would you move somewhere else if you could? Where?
I was born in the Netherlands but my parents are originally from Suriname in South America, which used to be a Dutch colony. If it was up to my oldest daughter we would stay here forever but I would like to move again and probably will do so next year. My mother lives in Suriname and I would like to start a few businesses there.
I also think it would be nice to live in the UK or US for a while just to experience how it is to live there.

4. Someone stops you on the street right now and hand over a briefcase with 1 million dollars in it, no strings attached. What would you do with the money?
Well, I would first put it on the bank and then think about it and pray what to do with it. I definitely would like to buy the house that we live in, so my oldest daughter Ixora could always come back here, where she has such great memories. She loves it here and she loves this neighbourhood and one of her best friends lives around the corner and the other has her grandparents living in our street.
There is a lot wrong with the house at the moment so I would have to renovate it and I would maybe make an extension and add a few rooms and a bathtub to the bathroom.
And then I’d probably redecorate it.

I probably would give some money to my family and to church organisations, missions and/or charity organisations.
I would use it for a few business ideas that I have including starting my own kids clothing label, book a holiday to Suriname for the kids and I, to visit my mother and their dad and to finally go to Disney World. I’d love to make a worship cd and get a book published. I guess I’d use it to fulfil a few dreams. Mine, my family’s and some of others.


5. Who is your celebrity crush?
Well, there is a few celebrities that I find quite attractive but nowadays I think I like Channing Tatum the most and Jesse Williams.

1




6. How would you describe your personal style?
I actually don't really know. I think it is a mix of different things. I would like to say trendy.  But I don’t follow a lot of trends really. I do a lot of second hand shopping.  


7. Are you superstitious about anything?
No not really. That probably has to do with my faith in God.

8. What is your biggest fear?
Ehm, I’m not sure. I try to put my trust in God for everything and trust that He protects me and my loved ones but I guess my fear is that unexpectedly something bad could still happen.

9. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
I’d love to have the super power healing. I’d love to heal as many people as I could. It's so sad when people suffer from illness or even die. Unfortunately, it is completely in the hands of God, even though as Christians there is power in our prayer and through our prayer people can get healed.
But healing happens according to His Sovereign will.

10. What post have you written that you are most proud of? (add the link!)
Designed to be a mum. This is apart from giveaway posts, the most popular post on my blog. I really got inspiration from God while writing it and it is an encouragement for myself as well. I also like The strength of a mother which I wrote when I just got back to blogging again this year so it wasn’t read by many people. Read it here

Real Housewife Of Caroline County

Thanks Meg. I must say that I found your questions a little bit difficult but still very unique. I hope that you liked mine.

To my readers: I hope you enjoyed learning a bit more about me. Thanks for reading along.
Go and check out Megs blog. (click on the button below)


The Patchwork Paisley


Love and blessings,




Comments

Unknown said…
thank you for the shout out and thank you for doing this with Megan, I love those ball gowns too!! your answers to her questions were great! my hubby and I want to go to Ireland too so I might ask for where to go one day :)
MrsTee said…
Awesome answers...I have always wanted to live when people dressed up and you needed a 'lady in waiting' just to get everything on...LOL
I too have a slight crush on those beautiful eyes from Mr. Jesse Williams
I am so happy you joined our little bunch and had a blast getting to know a bit about you...
Camii Soul said…
Crush #2 any day. He is delish. It was great getting to know a little about you.
Anonymous said…
It's so nice to know you were asked to participate in this, Chan! I'm so glad I read this. It's nice to know I have another sister in Christ in the blogging world :). I could see why some of her questions were a bit difficult from that perspective. You did a great job answering them, though. I pray you are able to accomplish all that you pray for according to His will! Blessings to you and your family, love! :)
Chan said…
Hi all , thanks for stopping by and commenting. @Penney, You're welcome and thanks. You should definitely visit Ireland. yes aren't those dresses great.
@Mrstee. Exactly. Awesome time. Jesses eyes.. wow !
@Cami Yes, right !?
Chan said…
@Brittnei, It's always nice to meet other sisters in Christ. Thank you for your prayer. I pray the same for you and blessings to you and yours ! Blessings and love...
Anonymous said…
Wow all the way from Ireland! It's just great how blogging can connect so many people from around the globe.

Great to meet you Chan!

ps.
I also have a huge crush on Channing Tatum ;)
Chan said…
Yes indeed it's a great way to make friends around the world.
Aah finally someone who likes Channing Tatum. ;)
Awesome answers! I've actually been to Ireland years ago when I was in HS and LOVED it. I would love to go back one day- if you're still there I will look you up AND if you ever end up in the States, you know where to find me!!
Chan said…
Thanks Meg. Sure thing ! Should be fun !
Nick D said…
Love your post and getting to know you! The chance to see the world has long been one of my desires, and Ireland has always been at the top of the list, perhaps one day...
Chan said…
Thanks, Nick. I hope you'll be able to travel to Ireland one day.
Anonymous said…
Great questions and answers I like this blog idea you guys have
Tamara Camera said…
Jesse Williams is so cute!!
After having spent the day at a Renaissance Faire, I say do it. Buy that kind of ball gown! I saw many interesting dresses today.
Chan said…
Thanks Miriam. Thanks for stopping by. Glad you like it. Will email you later about it.
Chan said…
Hey Tamara, thanks for stopping by and commenting. Yes, who knows... would be nice to put on and make some nice pictures in it. ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

Hello again !

It has been a little quite on my blog lately but today I'm doing another Hello Monday post to share what we've been up to in the last weeks. Hello Monday. Hello 7 year old Yovannah. Yovannah turned seven years old exactly one week ago today. Hello birthday clothes. Unfortunately we spent all morning of Yovannahs birthday in two hospitals and on the way from one to the other and we were home around 5 in the afternoon and was so tired because I did not sleep enough in the night. So she only ended up putting her special clothes on late in the evening and we had chocolate cake afterwards. Hello to helping to Yovannah helping to make her own chocolate birthday cake. Hello to learning to ride on pony's. Hello short hospital stay for Ixora. Hello Bear doctor Ixora. Hello special Zoo time Hello to getting to sit in police cars on the way to the Zoo and back. Hello to playing on the bouncy castle. Hello se