Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

It's finally her turn.

Today, it was finally her turn. She is been asking to go to school for a year now. She always got sad when her sisters went to school and she had to stay home. And I felt so sad for her when she said in her sweet, tiny voice 'mummy I want to go to school'  It really broke my heart every time again.
But since I'm starting college this week, it's finally her turn to go to 'school' as well. So last week we found her a place in a Pre-Montessori room close by. When we went away after getting a tour of the building, she told me : 'I like my school, mummy'. I was glad for her that she finally got to go to 'school'. Finally her little dream had come true.

So today she went to her 'school ' dressed in a new outfit, especially bought for her first day in Pre-Montessori.  She was a bit shy and quiet at the start . But she had no problem with me leaving after a few minutes. Only when I collected her after 5 hours (a bit longer than I wanted for the first day) she was in tears. The teacher she had all day had left and from the new teacher she wasn't allowed to play dress up but had to sit at the table to do jigsaw puzzles.
So my always happy baby girl was unhappy and wasn't able to be comforted by anyone else than her mummy. Tomorrow I'll make sure to collect her earlier so she'll get to settle in better and only has to deal with the teacher I leave her with. I just hope that she will learn a lot and enjoy herself in this Pre-Montessori room. She should be great because she is now 2,5 years old.

The thing that I was a bit worried about is that it will be for longer days for at least three days per week. And I was also thinking; she'll be somewhere where I don't know what she'll be doing or what she'll be saying. Luckily, they have a copy in which they write a daily report , even though I wasn't told a lot about what she had been doing today apart from singing, taking a nap and dinner.
Also with the problems that have been highlighted in childcare here in Ireland, it' s not easy to let your toddler stay in the care of strangers. I guess I have to pray for her daily and trust God that He will take care of her and that He will make sure that she's treated well.



Dear Nevaeh, mummy loves you very much and I'm very proud of you. Keep going little girl. You're doing great. I hope that you really will love this school. You so longed for it. And now it's finally your turn to have your little dream come true. Love you loads !

Do you have a toddler in a pre-school ? What are your experiences ? I'd love to hear from you.

Love,






Comments

MrsTee said…
This sounds like my Baby Girlie...she has been wanting to go to school forever. You little girl is such a cutie! I'm sure everything will be fine...praying nothing but blessings :)
Chan said…
Thanks Tiffany. Thanks for stopping by. I found out today that she is unhappy after her nap because they wake her up from it. She fell asleep again on the way home. Poor girl. They are going to let her sleep a bit longer now. That should prevent her from getting upset. She fell asleep early this evening though. So that's an advantage to less sleep in the afternoon. But I'd rather have her happy when I'm not around.
Unknown said…
You should save a copy of this post to read to her when she's older!
Thank you for co hosting the Mommy Monday Blog Hop
Chan said…
Kris, you're right. That would be a great idea. Thanks for stopping by. And thanks for joining in !

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t