Skip to main content

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

The friend book. #BEDM day 1

I have been planning to start writing and publishing blogs for some time now and I decided that this month would be the month. I thought it would be a good idea to join a blogging challenge to write every day in May and when I went on google to look for one, I found Blog Every Day in May from Elizabeth. I decided to join her and all the other bloggers in doing this challenge. So here is the first post of the month.
-----------------------------------------------------

One of the things that all my girls have been interested in lately is the ‘friend book’.
This is a book with some kind of questionnaire where  answers need to be filled in by each friend.
They are very popular here in Holland. You can buy a lot of different ones in different styles and with different (but a bit similar) questionnaires.
Ixora and Yovannah got one at the end of last year and Nevaeh finally got one a few weeks ago.
I used to love them too when I was young. When I was living in Suriname, I did not have a real friend book yet as the ones you can buy here in Holland in the shop, but I used to have note books where I would make up the questionnaire myself.
They were always interesting because you would find out a lot of things about someone which you did not know. When I was a teenager I made my first one. I was moving from middle school to high school and thought it would be a nice way to remember my class mates by. It was very interesting and strange to find out that some guys seemed to like me more than they showed.
In another book I made years later, I thought it would be nice to add the question; ‘ what do you think about me ?” That also led to surprising things like finding out that a good male friend thought that I looked ‘sexy’ (?) Funny ! I helped Yovannah and Nevaeh to fill in the answers in Yovannahs friend book and learned that one wants to become a ballerina and the other a princess. So funny and cute !
But looking at the questions in Yovannahs friend book (I actually promised her that I will also write in her book at the end) made me think that it would be fun to answer them in a blog post.
Today when I decided to join the BEDM and as I looked at the topic for today, I remembered that I still had this post that I planned to write for a while.
So here are my answers to the questions in Yovannahs friend book.

Colour of my eyes:  brown
Colour of my hair:  dark brown
Length :  approximately 170 cm
Weight:  ???? I have no working scale at the moment, but probably more than I would like !?
What makes me special:  think, think, think….
I really love to worship God with all that is within me and I do this at least every week on Sunday and sometimes at home.
Hobbies:  Reading, singing, writing, fitness
Favourite film:  think, think….The Matrix (!?) (Surprising choice for me since I am a romantic comedy ‘chick flick’ kind of girl.
Favourite tv series:  Too many. To name a few; Switched at birth, Parenthood, Suburgatory, Felicity, Grey's Anatomy, Quantico
Favourite Book:  The bible, The wedding from Nicholas Cage, I love Christmas by Lindsey Kelke
What I love to eat the most:  Saouto soup (Surinamese-Indonesian soup) , the tastiest thing ever !!
Favourite animal :  dog
I’m good in:  encouraging people and writing ( I hope)
What I want to be:  business owner, Montessori teacher (currenlty qualified but not teaching), kids fashion designer, fulltime worker for God one day.
My favourite country for holiday:  Romania
Three things I would take to a desperate island:   My bible, a photo album with pics of loved ones and a hammock. (If people would be possible clearly it would be : Ix, Yov and Bea-Boo. It wouldn't be the same without them !) 
My dream wish:  To be a godly wife to a man of God one day and fulfill Gods plan for my life.

Yovannah just got her first friend book


So this was my first post for this month and I really hope that I can stick to my plan to write every day this month.  Some days I might use the topic of the day and some days not.
I hope you’ll be here to read a long and I hope to hear from you when you do.



Did you have a friend book when you were growing up ? I would love to hear from you.

Love,




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mummy, I need your 'pookie'

It’s World Breastfeeding Week from August 1st to August 7th 2013 and this year’s theme is Breastfeeding Support: Close to Mothers. You can read more about it on http://worldbreastfeedingweek.org . The focus is on community support, particularly in the form of peer-to-peer support. To show support for World Breastfeeding Week, the Irish Parenting Bloggers group is holding a blog march about varied breastfeeding experiences, including experiences with breastfeeding support in Ireland. This inspired me to write a post about breastfeeding as well. My breast feeding journey When I was pregnant with my first child, I decided that it would be a great idea to combine breast- and bottle feeding. But in the hospital they convinced me how healthy and important it was to breastfeed exclusively and then I decided to go that road. I got a breast pump to express milk so my baby could get a bottle with breast milk when I was out and about or for the scarce times that I would leave her

Nevaehs Summer Bucket list

Unfortunately, it seems that this year the Autumn weather has started earlier than last year.  And so I finally wanted to write a blog post to share Nevaehs Summer Bucket list with you. This Summer, we mostly stayed in the Netherlands. We only went to Germany to visit Moviepark Germany for two days. At the beginning of the break, the girls entertained themselves by playing games and watching youtube video’s on their tablets and laptop. This bothered me a bit, so one evening I called them all together to sit down and told them to make a bucketlist for the Summer. The first one to finish was allowed to have the last bit of ice cream. Nevaeh can already write a little bit but I told her that she could draw instead. So she made a bucketlist with 10 items on it. The actual bucket list got lost somewhere but we memorized what was on it and I’m glad to say that she has been able to do all the items on it. So here is Nevaehs Summer Bucket List. 1 Go to the playground W

An interview with ' moi'. Ask Away Friday with Meg from The Patchwork Paisley.

One of my favourite bloggers and my new blog friend Meg, asked me to participate in this new link up called Asked Away Friday hosted by Penny from The Real Housewife of Caroline County . Ask Away Friday is a swap of questions between two bloggers with the purpose to feature another blogger on your blog and to get to know each other better by asking and answering questions. I’m thrilled to be doing this with Meg. Meg is a mom of two, an art teacher, and she has an amazing blog which I know you will love as well. She is very talented and creative and loves DIY which you will notice if you visit her blog. To see the questions that I asked her and her answers, go to her blog The Patchwork Paisley . Below are the answers to the questions that she sent me.  1. What are 3 adjectives you would use to describe yourself?   This is hard. Friendly, honest, caring. 2. If you could travel back in time and live in a different era, where would you go?   Probably t